A 4 year, holistic and integrated program promoting Islamic living offers your teens an insightful and exciting way to learn about Islam. Lessons aim to strengthen the understanding and practice of Islamic values and morals relevant to teenagers. This in turn will guide teens through their discovery of God’s purpose for them. The Teens aL.I.V.E program is designed for teens between 13 to 16 years of age, by addressing issues close to the hearts and minds of teenagers. This program reinforces Islamic values and builds on their existing knowledge of Islam.
You can learn more about the full program at the alive.sg website
Active and collaborative learning is the central approach. Each lesson is designed to be meaningful and challenging, where students enjoy a fun and motivating environment to discuss and learn various topics. A thematic approach using multi-sensory teaching tools is used to impart knowledge effectively. Role models and age appropriate Islamic lessons ensure classes are relevant and interesting to students.
At the end of the 4 years, participants can expect to:
- Acquire a confident Muslim teen identity with strong Islamic moral character.
- Learn, appreciate and manifest Islamic values and teachings appropriate for Muslim teens.
- Develop passion for learning and Quran-companionship.
- Emulate exemplary spirit of Islam from great Muslim personalities and Islamic heritage.
- Have sound understanding of Islamic tradition appropriate to the age and appreciative of the tradition.
- Believe in Islamic moral code, Amr Ma‘ruf Nahy Munkar and practise it.
- Share with others the teachings of Islam, and practise the message of the Hadith “Best amongst you are those who are most beneficial to human beings.”
- Be eager to cooperate and work with others in teams for everything good and righteous.
- Have a thirst for knowledge and willingness to expand the educational horizon.
The Teens aL.I.V.E. programme offers the following subjects spread across several theme-based workshops.
- Beliefs & Practices
- Life Skills & Character
- Social & Civilisational Islam
- Qur'anic Literacy
This program is held once a week for 3 hours per session.
Besides the Enrollment Fee, what else to bring?
Please bring along:
– a photocopy of your child’s birth certificate &
– a photocopy of parent/guardian IC (front & back)
– For single parents: bring along Certificate of Divorce with Letter of Custody, Death Certificate (whichever applies)
– completed registration form to our general office during office hours(closed during solat Zuhur & A’sar)
– Enrollment Fee: Payment can be done in cash, NETS or crossed cheque to “Darul Ghufran Mosque”